Photo taken at Purisima Vieja, the original site where only foundation stones remain. The mission was moved approx. 10 miles south, about the year 1735. GPS: 26°18'34.5" 112°09'51.0"
The final site of the Purisima mission only has some walls and graves to mark the location, in the town of La Purisima. GPS: 26°11'25.6" 112°04'22.6"
La Purisima mission in 1906 photo by Arthur North.
La Purisima mission ruins in 1956. Photo by Howard Gulick.
Another Howard Gulick photo at La Purisima, in 1956.